We hope you and your family enjoy this year's trick or treating fun. Below are some safety tips to keep in mind this Halloween.
- Use flashlights, stay on sidewalks and avoid crossing through yards.
- Wear clothing that is bright, reflective, and flame retardant.
Parents and adults should:
- Supervise outing for children under age 12.
- Prepare homes for trick-or-treaters by clearing porches, lawns, and sidewalks.
- Avoid giving choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys as treats. Inspect all candy for safety before children eat it.
- Watch for children in the street or on medians.
- Drive slowly.
**additional security will be on patrol during trick or treating hours**